Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's Official--I'm Homesick

In all honesty I have missed my family, but not yet have I experienced true homesickness. I don't know why, but I have missed home terribly over the past few days, especially today. Things I miss:

Getting ready with the girls in the bathroom blasting our iPods
Sunday dinners (need I say more)
Singing with Schae
Fighting with Dani (or avoiding being killed I should say :) )
Talking with Ashbie-- she's starting to really grow up and I miss her
I miss late-Saturday-night grocery shopping with Mom
I miss Dad's "Brianisms" hehe :)
I miss Bobbie and her wealth of knowledge and wisdom
I miss home.

One of the members of our Stake Presidency gave a really good analogy tonight at a fireside. He said that when we feel alone even though we still have our families and friends, and Heavenly Father, he likened us to a tiny toddles and a parent who is trying to teach us to walk. I've been carried my whole life and now the person (or I should say people) who have held me thus far have set me down on my trembling feet, walked to the opposite side of the room, and then turned to me and said "Come on, Come on, you can do it." Isn't that so true to life? When we feel alone we are not truly alone, just distanced, so that we may learn to walk on our own now. We must learn to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment