Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sunshine



The Sun has returned. I thought that it had decided to leave the center of our solar system for a while and we were doomed to perpetual rain and gloomy clouds. Not So! I have felt so invigorated by the sun these past two days. Granted, spring showers are beautiful and bring life, but the sunshine makes me feel ALIVE!! I love how smiles spread to everyone's faces as the sun kisses their vitamin-D deprived skin and how those smiles translate to "hellos," "good-mornings," and "how are yous".

What is it about Sunshine that makes us so happy? Is it because it literally brightens the earth? And as it brightens the earth, brightens our souls? And that when our souls are bright, we are bright people? And that as bright people, with add to the sun's glory as we act as miniature suns and brighten the day of our fellow beings? I don't pretend to know the answer as to why sunshine makes me so happy, but I am so glad it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment