Sunday, September 20, 2009

Incredible Week!!!


So this week has been an amazing one!

Tuesday- President Thomas S. Monson gave the devotional here at BYU!!! It was incredible! My roommates and I all sat fairly close to him in the Marriott Center, (well we were on the 22nd row, but hey, for seeing the Prophet that's amazing!)!!! He was so funny and delightful. My favorite part was when he walked into the room. Prior to his enterance the room was just abuzz with anticipation and was quite loud as you can imagine, then the entire arena became silent as we all arose for the Prophet of God. It was outstanding! Where else in the world (other than BYU-H and BYU-I) can you be so spiritually educated along with secular learning?!?! I tell you, no where! I am so grateful that I made the decision to attend BYU!








Friday- Because, I had to work on my birthday (Saturday), my summer roommates decided to throw me a little part on Friday night. Keeping with tradition we watched So You Think You Can Dance, ate pizza, cake, and ice cream (thanks Becci!), opened presents and watched Newsies!!! I got two stuffed bulldogs (long story, but I was given the nickname bulldog over summer term and the name has kinda stuck... against my will) a stuffed tiger, a frog-to-prince magic toy, a African poster, giftcards, rook cards, $$$, candy bars, and many delightful cards from friends and family! Thanks everyone for the awesome birthday celebration!


Saturday-- My actual birthday!! I turned 19 on 9/19/2009! How legit is that?!? I have been looking forward to that day since I was a little girl. My day was pretty mundane, I woke up did my laundry, did homework, went to work, and did more homework after work, but it was still a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment